Facets of Perception

What is the truth? Truth is a matter of perception. People believe in what they grew up knowing as the truth.

Friday, January 21, 2005

Facets of Perception

I once abhorred the thought of creating an online blog. My single most sensical reason was "Why in the world would anyone want to write their personal thoughts or opinions out in the open for everyone to see?"

After going through a couple of my friends' online journals, as well as the blogs of online strangers who just happened to have a couple of interesting insights about life in general, I was beginning to see another angle of blogs-- this is a way for me to share *my* perceptions about the world around us human beings. This is a way to tell the world "HEY!!! Everyone is different!".

Let's face it. Some people think the world revolves around them. Some people are so inconsiderate of others and just don't give sh*t about everything else that could be happening around the world. Of course, there are those who believe they know everything about the world as well.

So... here's my contribution to the world of personal opinions. Let's see I can do some good with the thoughts I would like to express.

To quote myself when once asked by my philosophy teacher to define truth:

"Truth is a matter of perception. People believe in what they grew up knowing as the truth."

1. If half of the world's population believed all their life that the earth was the center of the universe,
2. while the other half of the world's population believed all their life that the sun was the center of the universe,
3. and there was absolutely no way to prove which one was correct,

what would be the truth?

Facets of Perception... the title itself should tell you something already. ;)

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Blogs always seem to have the "personal diaries" stereotype attached to them; That not only explains why a lot of people don't write blogs, but also explains why a number of blogs are far from the expressive tools that people can make them.

Welcome to the community, darkhalf. Here's hoping that you have a long and pleasant stay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home